Saturday, March 05, 2011

"What is The Matrix? Control...And So Is High Speed Rail"


Hey, I didn't say it, legendary cinematic philosopher Morpheus said it:

Morpheus:
What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a computer-generated dream world built to keep us under control in order to change a human being into this.

Neo:
No, I don't believe it. It's not possible.

Morpheus: I didn't say it would be easy, Neo. I just said it would be the truth...

Actually,
George Will says it better, and explains quite clearly why Barack Obama is so adamant about spending what little remains of our national treasure on a completely unnecessary high-speed rail system:

The real reason for progressives' passion for trains is their goal of diminishing Americans' individualism in order to make them more amenable to collectivism.


To progressives, the best thing about railroads is that people riding them are not in automobiles, which are subversive of the deference on which progressivism depends. Automobiles go hither and yon, wherever and whenever the driver desires, without timetables. Automobiles encourage people to think they--unsupervised, untutored, and unscripted--are masters of their fates. The automobile encourages people in delusions of adequacy, which make them resistant to government by experts who know what choices people should make.

Cypher speaks to Barack Obama:

If you'd told us the truth, we would've told you to shove that red pill right up your ass.

Get rid of cars, force the people to rely on high-speed rail, and control where they go, and when they can go. And of course, should there be any unrest in a particular place, well, those trains can be stopped completely, leaving a city, state, or entire region at the mercy of the government...


And the Tea Party? Neo speaks for them:

I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world … without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries; a world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you....

No comments: