Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Snark, Featuring Al Gore, Gilligan, & Mary Anne

From Rex Murphy at Canada's National Post:

Shakespeare never fails. When I read that Gaia's First Messenger Here on Earth, the very face and clammy palms of global warming itself, Al Gore, had invited the Edward R. Morrow of the Twitterverse, latterly of the compulsively progressive MSNBC, Keith Olbermann, to join his Current TV cable network, the familiar "Let us not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments" unfailingly suggested itself. Gore-Olbermann: never so fruitful a partnership since Gilligan and the Skipper.

With Gore as the morbidly obese Skipper, of course, chasing around his, ahem, "little buddy" Gilligan, if only to whack him with his cap, a comeuppance to some barely conceivable act of stupidity.

Alas, there won't be much "hat-whacking" between these two lovebirds, as they have way too much in common. But if Murphy is going to quote The Immortal Bard, well, I will avail myself to his words equally, and present a portion of Love Sonnet #29, now renamed "Keith's Lament":

When in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes,
I all alone beweep my outcast state,
And trouble deaf Heaven with my bootless cries,
And look upon myself, and curse my fate,
Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
Featur'd like him, like him with friends possess'd,
Desiring this man's art, and that man's scope,
With what I most enjoy contented least:
Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising....


And coming soon to Current TV:



Although, if Gore really wanted to improve the ratings on Current TV, perhaps he should have skipped his "little buddy", and gone for the gusto with Ginger and Mary Anne (NNSFW):

No comments: