Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Bill Ayers: I Wrote Obama's "Autobiography"

The question is, of course, whether to believe him or not. Here's the conversation Bill Ayers had with blogress Anne Leary of Back Yard Conservative, as related by the Examiner:

Ayers was in Washington, he told her, for a conference on education.

“That's what I do, education,” he said. “You shouldn't believe everything you hear about me... You know nothing about me.”
To which she responded, “I said, I know plenty--I'm from Chicago, a conservative blogger, and I'll post this.”


But he didn’t scowl, and didn’t run off as he has been known to do. Instead, unprompted, he blurted out: “I wrote ‘Dreams From My Father… Michelle asked me to.” Then he added “And if you can prove it we can split the royalties.”

Anne responded, “Stop pulling my leg!”

But he repeated insistently, “I wrote it, the wording was similar [to Ayers’ other writing.]”
Anne responded, “I believe you probably heavily edited it.”


Ayers stated firmly, “I wrote it.”

Anne ended the conversation by saying “why would I believe you? You're a liar.”

Interesting that Ayer's account matches the story Jack Cashill has been peddling for some time. But is Ayers just trying to discredit a conservative blogger with false information, or was he bursting at the seams to tell somebody - anybody - the truth, that this book - hailed by liberals and the media as proof of Obama's divine being and underlying genius - was written by him?

And by telling a conservative blogger, does he achieve getting this untold secret off his chest while at the same time giving the president and the media deniability, as neither one of them would feel compelled to such a story coming from "the Right"?

And if Ayers is telling the truth - then what? Nothing, I suppose, except frantic articles by Paul Krugman and Roger Cohen explaining that it doesn't matter that Obama had his "autobiography" written for him by a terrorist; he's still an intellectual giant, despite the casual piece of roadside forgery....

Me? I believe Ayers, and not because Ayers is a believable figure. He's not, he's ten pounds of sh*t in a five pound bag. But the story fits the behavior we have seen from Obama since Inauguration day - he likes to talk about doing things, but he does not actually like to do things. Stimulus? Health care reform? Carbon emissions? All outsourced, while the president flies to Copenhagen to talk. About himself.

This is a president who does not like to work. Who has never really worked a day in his life, unless you consider organizing and speechifying to be work. And maybe some consider it to be, although it is not work the way most of America understand it.

Which is why Obama understands very little about his fellow Americans. As someone who considers work to be giving campaign speeches, and who has spent his whole adult life doling out other people's monies (in the State Senate, on Foundation boards, in Congress), he cannot understand the middle class's attachment to their money, which they have worked so hard for. Thus the utter disconnect between Obama's liberal perscriptives and the nation's ideals as a whole.

So does it seem likely that Obama outsourced his autobiography to his buddy Ayers, as it was too much work for him? Hell, yeah, based on his past and current history. Who can be bothered with work when there are speeches to give and taxes to raise?

How ironic that Bill Ayers should have more credibility (on this issue) than Barack Obama....

2 comments:

Chris Brown said...

I'm loving the fact he got picked up godbless..

Drew458 said...

But, but, but Ayers is "just some guy from the neighborhood" that Obama barely knows! He told us that himself!!