Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My fellow Jews, Prepare To Be Disappointed...

Jeffery Goldberg is optimistic:

If someone was sending rockets on my house where my daughters were sleeping at night, I would do everything to stop it, and I would expect Israelis to do the same thing.

These aren't my words -- they're Barack Obama's. But I attach myself to this sentiment. Obama said this in July, after visiting the southern Israeli town of Sderot.

Here in the right corner we've had a few good laughs at Obama's center-pivot in his transition (Bill Gates, Rick Warren, most of his economic team, and even Hillary Clinton) and the feeling of abandonment and impotent rage that his devoted followers have suffered since.

So why are the Jews so cocky that he'll maintain his pro-Israel position once he actually needs to take one? With the Hebrew vote in his pocket and the twisted liberals of Jewish PAC J-Street whispering in his ear, he loses nothing by throwing his support against Israel in an attempt to "improve our standing in the Muslim world".

And the poor people of Sderot will be thrown under the bus, like so many who were once useful to Barack Obama when it was expedient for his ends....

No comments: