Sunday, April 03, 2011

Bruce Springsteen Gives Advice To Kevin Drum

Kevin Drum, onetime war-hater, full time Bush-hater, and liberal douchebag par excellence, speaks about the Libyan War, and Barack Obama in Mother Jones:

If it had been my call, I wouldn't have gone into Libya. But the reason I voted for Obama in 2008 is because I trust his judgment. And not in any merely abstract way, either: I mean that if he and I were in a room and disagreed about some issue on which I had any doubt at all, I'd literally trust his judgment over my own. I think he's smarter than me, better informed, better able to understand the consequences of his actions, and more farsighted. I voted for him because I trust him, and I still do...

Bruce Springsteen, onetime defender of the middle class, full-time Democratic fund raiser, and liberal douchebag par excellence has advice to his fellow liberal traveler:

"Blind faith in your leaders, or in anything, will get you killed.”

Drum won't listen to the onetime "Boss", however. It might require him to actually, you know...think. Which, based on the above, is something he he vowing, in print, not to do. If he ever did in the first place...

(More on Springsteen's liberal douchbaggery here, and here. And when it comes to tax time, Springsteen claims, no, he's not a millionaire rock star, he's a mere New Jersey farmer, to get a 95% reduction on the property tax on some 200 spare acres of land he happens to possess...


Chris Christie, of course, had the best revenge: after Bruce refused to play at his inauguration, Christie hired a Springsteen cover band instead. No one missed him.)

2 comments:

Jim - PRS said...

Bruce Springsteen: Deep thinker /sarc

The JerseyNut said...

He should stick to his new career of, ahem, "tree farming", and keep his mouth shut. And if he really wanted to help New Jersey's poor and unfortuante, he'd stop supporting Democrats...