Monday, December 06, 2010

Elizabeth Edwards Says Goodbye

She deserved better. CBS reports:

Elizabeth Edwards, the estranged wife of former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, is resting at home with friends and family after doctors advised that "further treatment of her cancer would be unproductive," according to a statement from the Edwards family.

A source close to the family tells CBS News, "She is dying." The source said Edwards would likely die within weeks and possibly days.

Not sure if her husband is there, or with his girlfriend Rielle Hunter and their love child out on the West Coast.

But the dying will oft forgive all, seeing the Great Beyond over the horizon and perhaps glimpsing some truths that are hidden from those of us on this plane of existence. And so it appears Elizabeth has done so, based on a message posted on her Facebook page that seems to be a farewell to this mortal coil:

You all know that I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces -- my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope. These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined. The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered. We know that. And yes, there are certainly times when we aren't able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It's called being human. But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful. It isn't possible to put into words the love and gratitude I feel towards everyone who has and continues to support and inspire me every day. To you I simply say: you know.

Sorry, Elizabeth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God bless her. Lots of life lessons to be learned from the Edwards clan, both for goodness and decadance.

John had better be by her bedside, on his knees.