Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Shocker: Obama's Atrocity Prevention Board Fails To Prevent Atrocities..

How's that "smart power" working out for the Democrats?  While Syrian civilians are mowed down by the thousands, Obama's failed attempts at liberal "diplomacy"  have proven to be less big stick, and  more limp dick

In April, after a speech at the Holocaust Museum, Obama announced the creation of an "Atrocities Prevention Board":

Samantha Power--who won a Pulitizer Prize for her book on genocide and now advises the Obama administration on the subject--will chair President Barack Obama's new Atrocities Prevention Board, which gets down to work Monday as Obama delivers a speech at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum.


Like all boards, it seems like they haven't done much work at all.  The fact that Power - Pulitzer or not - is a left-wing nutjob probably is contributing to the, ah, delay in the board's reaction to the ongoing Syrian massacres.

So where's the UN, one of Obama's pillars of a New World Order? Trust me...you don't want to know.  But if you insist, here's the response of "special envoy" Kofi Annan, after hearing of the massacre:

“I urge the government to take bold steps to signal that it is serious in its intention to resolve this crisis peacefully, and for everyone involved to help create the right context for a credible political process,” Mr. Annan said. 


Scary! I am sure Assad is shaking...with gales of hearty laughter.  What next, a very, very angry letter?

(By the way, if you want to know where the media is on this story, look no further than the headline the NYT attached to this story: "International Pressure on Syria Grows After Killings".  Really...)

So where's the personification of smart power, the woman the media now clamors for as a replacement for Joe Biden, the diplomatic dilettante herself, Ms. Hillary Clinton?

Probably still boozing it up in Columbia.  Hopefully.  Because she is utterly, completely, totally, useless:

In February Secretary Clinton said about the killings in Syria that “world opinion is not going to stand idly by.” Three months later, it is, and so is she. . . .


It's laughable, but only to a point.  When a big Texan carried a big stick and swung a big arrogant dick, people steered clear.  When a Harvard professor convenes a blue-ribbon paddle...death goes on the march:

An 11-year-old Syrian boy describes the slaughter of his family this weekend: 

 Speaking to the Guardian, the young survivor said government troops arrived in his district at around 3am on Saturday, several hours after shells started falling on Houla. “They came in armoured vehicles and there were some tanks,” said the boy. “They shot five bullets through the door of our house. They said they wanted Aref and Shawki, my father and my brother. They then asked about my uncle, Abu Haidar. They also knew his name.”

 Shivering with fear, the boy stood towards the back of the entrance to his family home as gunmen then shot dead every family member in front of him. “My mum yelled at them,” said the boy. “She asked: ‘What do you want from my husband and son?’ A bald man with a beard shot her with a machine gun from the neck down. Then they killed my sister, Rasha, with the same gun. She was five years old. Then they shot my brother Nader in the head and in the back. I saw his soul leave his body in front of me. 

 “They shot at me, but the bullet passed me and I wasn’t hit. I was shaking so much I thought they would notice me. I put blood on my face to make them think I’m dead.


Sorry, kid.  Trust not in those who label themselves "smart" to save you, look for the steely-eyed, the brawny, the politically incorrect, the fearless, to set you free....should there be any left.

No comments: