Saturday, February 06, 2010

Barack Obama: "Tune Out Everybody...Except Me"

From the president's little give-and-take with the Democratic Senators the other day:

"You know what I think would actually make a difference, Michael? I think if everybody here -- excuse all the members of the press who are here -- if everybody here turned off your CNN, your Fox, your blogs," Obama said, before being interrupted by Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-CA, who piped up, "And MSNBC!"

Obama, appropriately reminded of the network with shows more friendly to liberals, continued, "Just turn off the TV -- MSNBC, blogs -- and just go talk to folks out there, instead of being in this echo chamber where the topic is constantly politics...."

In other words - stop listening to, and responding to, the feedback of the American people, and go forth with a strong hand and spread my gospel; get out of the echo chamber of politics and stay within the echo chamber of my words, my agenda, and my goals. Scorn the unbelievers and seek out the enlightened who understand you, believe in you, and are fit to breathe the same ratified air we breath...

Gee, if I didn't know better, I'd say the president fancies himself as the messiah of some twisted religious movement...

No comments: