Sunday, October 12, 2008

Vote With Pride! Vote With Rage! Vote With Smug Satisfaction!

Via Erica, I've discovered a Florida blogger who can make lemonade out of the frickin' lemon the 2008 election is turning into. But before I get to the Dogette, I need to vent a moment, then I can segue....

Pick up the paper, and it seems as if the presidential election is already over and won. Not only are the Democrats turning every McCain criticism of Obama into a Dixie Lynching, the media is gleefully playing along, with its own racists making sh*t up along the way.

McCain is to blame, in large part - how dare he take the media's/Obama's cue and admonish his own supporters for being "angry"? He is being played by the media, instead of playing them (a la Bush), and by reinforcing their false negatives he is only making their case stronger and his case weaker.

The normally mild Glenn Reynolds gets a bit worked up here:

So we've had nearly 8 years of lefty assassination fantasies about George W. Bush, and Bill Ayers' bombing campaign is explained away as a consequence of him having just felt so strongly about social justice, but a few people yell things at McCain rallies and suddenly it's a sign that anger is out of control in American politics?

The Angry Left has gotten away with all sorts of beyond-the-pale behavior throughout the Bush Administration. The double standards involved -- particularly on the part of the press -- are what are feeding this anger.

(That double-standard is why incidents like this go unreported)

But McCain took the bait, and is allowing the most liberal candidate in US history (well, at least since the Communist Party had a foothold) to reel in the election while the media cheers him on. Stay home, it's all over but the shouting - or so they are telling us.

So - back to Ms. Dogette. She is disgusted that the papers have all but called this one for B-O, but she's gonna get her two cents in regardless, and with a vengence:

No matter. I will crawl over broken glass, if need be, to go vote for McCain-Palin on election day — no matter what the press or polls say. I don’t care if a Very Important & Accurate National Poll taken the night before says Obama is leading by 98 points to McCain’s 2. I don’t care if they announce a statistical confirmed victory for Obama and start papering the public walls with his picture for us to worship and salute. I’m going to vote for McCain-Palin.

That way, if Obama wins, I’ll at least be able to enjoy the fact that I canceled out one idiot in a cone bra.

That’s right. I get to cancel Madonna’s vote, do you hear me?

Brilliant. Jim's already got Springsteen, maybe I can take Bon Jovi? Or maybe just knowing that I canceled out the vote of the Big Jersey Dog himself, Jon Corzine, will be enough to fulfill me on election day...

Dogette has another list of celebrities whom you can cancel out, if you want to think nationally and not just locally. She also helpfully provides these particular folk's education level as well (which kinda jives with this pseudo-brainy post I did a bit earlier). A random sampling:

Whoopi Goldberg: high school dropout
Peter Jennings: high school dropout
Neil Young: high school dropout
Elton John: high school dropout
Lindsay Lohan: high school dropout
Chris Rock: high school dropout
Leo DiCaprio: high school dropout

The media breathlessly reports on the political wit and wisdom of this motley crew of halfwits, dimwits, and nitwits, then sagely nod their collective heads and tell us that the race belongs to The Chosen One.

Maybe, just maybe. But it doesn't mean I ain't showing up to fight. Maybe it is Corzine who shouldn't waste his time on Election Day...

5 comments:

Erica said...

She owns guns, too! I like her.

The JerseyNut said...

Me too.

I think I need to click through your links a bit more; some of your pals are spot-on.

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks jerseynut. Glad to know ya. E is good people.

The JerseyNut said...

Thank you, Ms. D. Consider me a regualr reader...

Anonymous said...

Love the idea!
You should post a state-by-state list of jerkoff celebrities, so that everyone can pick a loser to "cancel out"!!!