Saturday, February 25, 2012

Rooting For #49 At The 2012 Daytona 500

J.J. Yeley will be driving the #49 Robinson-Blakeney Toyota at the Daytona 500 Sunday, and it will be carrying the graphics of a most unique sponsor:  America/Israel Racing:



The story, via Motorsports 101

Rich Shirey and Mark MacCaull started the not-for profit organization last year to promote awareness as a means to strengthen relations between the United States and Israel.

“Rich and I were good friends and Rich had the idea of how America needs to support Israel,” MacCaull said. “We were just talking about it one day and decided the Daytona 500 would be a great place to promote this and my background was in NASCAR racing.

“I’m just a regular guy, a country guy and NASCAR has a lot of average people just like me,” Shirey said. “We need to show the world, show Israel, that regardless of the way it might look at times, the people in this country have the belief of appreciating them being an ally and a democracy similar to ours.

Being raised Southern Baptist and the belief that we should back Israel if we believe what the Bible says and the other side of it," Shirey said. "it’s not a political thing that motivates me – we have a country that is our closest ally in a part of the world that is not very friendly, especially to the west."

“I’m not a movie star. I’m not a country music singer. I didn’t have the avenue. I went to Mark and said NASCAR would be a fantastic to try to build this cause.
"


Remember this story, when the Beltway/New York elite tell you how backward and racist those "NASCAR Voters" are, all while splitting their "charitable giving" between Hamas and Barack Hussein Obama.

Stopping by the AIR site right now to donate a little gas money myself.  And I'll be rooting for #49 on Sunday.  It's a longshot, and they're a huge underdog, but they'll be representing for a little country whose been in that position their entire existence...


A few more views of J.J. Yeley's #49 Toyota:


No comments: