Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Obama Lying His *ss Off In New Hampshire

Well, I guess he knows that he has the media in his pocket, so there will be little fact-checking in the morning (although I doubt that Obama understands the discredit the media has fallen into these days). Still, this one is a whopper - from The Campaign Spot:

"I have not said that I am a supporter of a single-payer system," Obama tells the crowd in New Hampshire.

The Wall Street Journal's Washington Wire, August 19, 2008: "Obama Touts Single-Payer System for Health Care"

Barack Obama said he would consider embracing a single-payer health-care system, beloved by liberals, as his plan for broader coverage evolves over time.“If I were designing a system from scratch, I would probably go ahead with a single-payer system,” Obama told some 1,800 people at a town-hall style meeting on the economy.

In related news, we have always been at war with Eastasia.

And I love the quote from Obama New Hampshire "town hall" that Drudge has splashed on its landing page:

'YOU WON'T BE WAITING IN ANY LINES'

Wow. It takes quite a man to brag about adding 50 million people to the insurance rolls, and simultaneously claim that these folks won't add a minute to your wait time at the doctor's office. Hell, everyone knows the law of supply and demand works at Barack Obama's beck and call!

While do I believe such blatent falsehoods will do nothing to better the sour mood across the nation, nor drum up addtional support for a nationalized heath care system?

We need a strong dose of the truth here, stat...

No comments: