Are the Islamists preparing a nuclear attack within the United States? We posted Thursday on the FBI's frantic search for Adnan al-Shukrijumah; now more information is coming out - My Vast Right Wing Conspiracy reports, after checkimg out the Northeast Intelligence Network and CanadaFreePress.com :
Urgent news from Abu Dawood, the newly appointed commander of the al Qaeda forces in Afghanistan:
* Final preparations have been made for the American Hiroshima, a major attack on the U. S. * Muslims living in the United States should leave the country without further warning.
* The attack will be commandeered by Adnan el Shukrijumah (“Jaffer Tayyer” or “Jafer the Pilot”), a naturalized American citizen, who was raised in Brooklyn and educated in southern Florida.
* The al Qaeda operatives who will launch this attack are awaiting final orders. They remain in place in cities throughout the country. Many are masquerading as Christians and have adopted Christian names.
* Al Qaeda and the Taliban will also launch a major strike (known as the “Badar offensive” against the coalition forces in Afghanistan during the holy month of Ramadan.
* The American people will be treated to a final audio message from Osama bin Laden which will be aired within the next two weeks.
And from World Net Daily:
Abu Dawood told Hamid Mir, a reporter who has covered al-Qaida and met with Osama bin Laden, the attack is being coordinated by Adnan el-Shukrijumah and suggests it may involve some form of weapon of mass destruction smuggled across the Mexican border.
"Our brothers are ready to attack inside America. We will breach their security again," he is quoted as saying. "There is no timeframe for our attack inside America; we can do it any time."
...(President) Bush is aware that brother Adnan has smuggled deadly materials inside America from the Mexican border. Bush is silent about him, because he doesn’t want to panic his people. Sheikh Osama bin Laden has completed his cycle of warnings. You know, he is man of his words, he is not a politician; he always does what he says. If he said it many times that Americans will see new attacks, they will definitely see new attacks. He is a real mujahid. Americans will not win this war, which they have started against Muslims.
Nothing in the MSM about this; hopefully, we are just seeing the al-Qaeda version of psy-ops in an attempt to spread panic and fear. Of course, the MSM might not want to print anything that might make it seem as if President Bush's demands for stricter interrogation measures on detainees might have just cause, so their silence may actually be quite revealing...
Or perhaps it is yet another "failure of imagination", as Graham Allison fears at at the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists. His thoughts, via The Belmont Club:
Prior to 9/11, most Americans found the idea that international terrorists could mount an attack on their homeland and kill thousands of innocent citizens not just unlikely, but inconceivable. Psychologically, Americans imagined that they lived in a security bubble....
As we approach the fifth year without a second successful terrorist attack upon U.S. soil, a chorus of skeptics now suggests that 9/11 was a 100-year flood. They conveniently forget the deadly explosions in Bali, Madrid, London, and Mumbai, and dismiss scores of attacks planned against the United States and others that have been disrupted. ...
As one attempts to assess where we now stand, and what the risks are, the major conclusion of the bipartisan 9/11 Commission deserves repetition: The principal failure to act to prevent the September 11 attack was a "failure of imagination." A similar failure of imagination leads many today to discount the risk of a nuclear 9/11.
And Ramadan is almost upon us...