Thursday, January 26, 2012

Jan Brewer vs. Barack Obama: One's A Whiny Little Bitch...

...and the other is the governor of Arizona.

Almost a fistfight on the tarmac, when Jan Brewer went to greet Barack Obama as he deplaned.  What happened? Jan tells the tale:

“He was a little disturbed about my book, Scorpions for Breakfast. I said to him that I have all the respect in the world for the office of the president. The book is what the book is. I asked him if he read the book. He said he read the excerpt. So.”

Asked what aspect of the book disturbed him, Brewer said: “That he didn’t feel that I had treated him cordially. I said I was sorry he felt that way but I didn’t get my sentence finished....

She said the president brought up the book.

I thought we probably would’ve talked about the things that were important to him and important to me, helping one another. Our country is upside down....

He appeared to walk away from her while they were still talking, and she confirmed that by saying she didn’t finish her sentence
.


So he turned on his heel and spun off while the lady was still speaking. Stay classy, Baracky...

Not the first time he threw a hissy fit on the tarmac.  Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal tells a similar tale out of the bayou:

I was expecting words of concern about the oil spill, worry about the pending ecological disaster, and words of confidence about how the federal government was here to help. Or perhaps he was going to vent about BP’s slow response. But no, the president was upset about something else. And he wanted to talk about, well, food stamps. Actually, he wanted to talk about a letter that my administration had sent to Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack a day earlier.

The letter was rudimentary, bureaucratic, and ordinary. .  .  . We were simply asking the federal government to authorize food stamps for those who were now unemployed because of the oil spill. Governors regularly make these sorts of requests to the federal government when facing disaster.

But somehow, for some reason, President Obama had personalized this. And he was upset.

There was not a word about the oil spill. He was concerned about looking bad because of the letter. “Careful,” he said to me, “this is going to get bad for everyone
.

Not the oil spill. President Food Stamps was concerned about...well, you know...

Why does this president have such deep-seated hostility to women and minorities, anyway? Oh, I suppose the racial/gender makeup of his anger victim here is likely irrelevant - when Obama's fragile, delicate, feminine ego is bruised, no one is safe, regardless of whether they have what might be defined as a normally protected status.

And the next time the media tries to tell me about his "cool, even, temperament"...I think I am gonna lose mine...

No comments: