Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What Warren Buffet really said about Barack Obama

Warren Buffett really teed off on Barack OBama the other day, and the media - who, when Buffet farts, usually reports on the strenght and smell - pretty much ignored his criticism of the president while focusing on his concerns about the economy.

Selective editing by his cadres in the media is unsuprising at this point. But you can get some of the good stuff here:


BUFFETT: ...And, Joe, it--if you're in a war, and we really are on an economic war, there's a obligation to the majority to behave in ways that don't go around inflaming the minority. If on December 8th when--maybe it's December 7th, when Roosevelt convened Congress to have a vote on the war, he didn't say, `I'm throwing in about 10 of my pet projects ...

And you can't expect people to unite behind you if you're trying to jam a whole bunch of things down their throat . So I would--I would absolutely say for the--for the interim, till we get this one solved, I would not be pushing a lot of things that are--you know are contentious, and I also--I also would do no finger-pointing whatsoever. I would--you know, I would not say, you know, `George'--`the previous administration got us into this.' Forget it. I mean, you know, the Navy made a mistake at Pearl Harbor and had too many ships there. But the idea that we'd spend our time after that, you know, pointing fingers at the Navy, we needed the Navy.

I don't think anybody on December 7th would have said a `war is a terrible thing to waste, and therefore we're going to try and ram through a whole bunch of things...

Buffet is one of the smartest men in the world. Of course, when he is critical of President Obama, there is no need for the nation to hear his words, right? After all, isn' t that the job of the media now - protecting Democratic politicans from their constituents?

No comments: