Thursday, February 21, 2008

If you want to see something beautiful in Jersey...

...sometimes you need to look way, way up high.

I took these pictures of last night's lunar eclipse from my back deck out in Old Bridge, in my own ham-fisted style - that is, I grabbed an older-model digital camera and stuck its snout down the throat of my telescope and snapped away. Suprisingly, I got a few good ones (I think):


Not quite yet total....



Funky colers; cool contrast. Is this natural or just a by-product of my amateur style?



Now it has that rust color going....and the man in the moon looks like he is shrieking....



..and now the Rock styles itself in blood-red....



Nice....thanks, God! What an awesome Creator we have, that can make something as galactically commonplace as the transiting of space rocks look so damned beautiful !

4 comments:

Right Truth said...

Beautiful. Wish I had seen it live.

Thanks for sharing.

Debbie Hamilton
Right Truth

Erica said...

Amazing! Stuff like that makes me feel so happy to be alive. Who knew you were such a talented shutterbug, too?

The JerseyNut said...

I am glad you guys enjoyed the pics! But as for "talented", well, any photographer worth his salt would have shuddered watching me operate last night...!

Anonymous said...

Quite Cool!