Sunday, March 25, 2012

Why Isn't This Lying Sonofabitch In Jail Yet? Oh, Right...

Hate to say we told you so, but...we told you so.  My commentary, made at the time, in blue:

Posted on December 8th:

Jon Corzine tells Congress, "I'm a liar, and an economic illiterate"

Though anything he says could be used against him, Corzine hedges his testimony by saying he had too little time to prepare for the hearing and only limited access to records “essential to my being able to testify accurately.

...In Thursday’s statement, Corzine said that, though he “ultimately had overall responsibility for the firm,” he did not generally involve himself in the movement of cash and collateral or the mechanics of settling trades.

“Nor was I an expert on the complicated rules and regulations governing the various different operating businesses that comprised MF Global,” he said.

[Hmmm. See Jon's first statement casting doubt on his own ability to speak truthfully. Applies directly to the above. Jon is trying to evade responsibility - and perjury. He will fail at both
.]


Posted on December 14th, 2011:

Did Jon Corzine Commit Perjury Before Congress? Oh, You Betcha!

“Mr. Corzine was aware because our employee had heard this, on the phone—‘Send back 175’ — and said he was aware of this loan,” Duffy told the Senate committee. …

“The only thing I can tell you [is] that MF Global transferred customer money to its broker dealer, and that Mr. Corzine was aware of the loans being made from segregated accounts,” he said. When asked for elaboration, a CME spokesman said the firm would not comment beyond the remarks Duffy made at the hearing.

That statement, sworn under oath, puts lie to Corzine's now-famous “I simply do not know where the money is, or why the accounts have not been reconciled to date"..

[Corzine knew all along where the money is - or was - and knows exactly why they can't reconcile customer accounts. Like a pathetic, down-and-out drunken gambler, he stayed at the table too long, convinced of his invincibility, bet the mortgage, and lied about it the next day...]




And so, yesterday:

Jon Corzine, MF Global Holding Ltd. (MFGLQ)’s chief executive officer, gave “direct instructions” to transfer $200 million from a customer fund account to meet an overdraft in a brokerage account with JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), according to a memo written by congressional investigators.

Edith O’Brien, a treasurer for the firm, said in an e-mail quoted in the memo that the transfer was “Per JC’s direct instructions,” according to a copy of the memo obtained by Bloomberg News yesterday. The e-mail, dated Oct. 28, was sent three days before the company collapsed, the memo says.

Barry Zubrow, JPMorgan’s chief risk officer, called Corzine to seek assurances that the funds belonged to MF Global and not customers. JPMorgan drafted a letter to be signed by O’Brien to ensure that MF Global was complying with rules requiring customers’ collateral to be segregated. The letter was not returned to JPMorgan, the memo said...



If it was clear to a two-bit Jersey blogger late last year, Corzine's criminality was no doubt clear to federal investigators well before then. So why isn't he behind bars?

Follow the money, bitches:

...despite President Obama decrying ‘Wall Street Fat Cats' - Corzine has already helped to raise at least half-million dollars for President Obama's re-election.

As for that half-million? The Obama campaign says it will give the money back - if Corzine is convicted of a crime. But if history is our guide -the kind of Wall Street firms Corzine once ran became ‘Too Big to Fail.
'

Maybe Corzine himself will be too ‘Big to Jail...

[Not too big. Just too valuable to Barack Obama. $500 million in Barack's pockets is enough to let you get away with squandering - illegally - Over $1B in innocent's people's money.]


Not to mention the fact that having the man who Joe Biden bragged was instrumental in sculpting the failed stimulus program -

"I literally picked up the phone and called Jon Corzine...
...and said 'Jon, what do you think we should do' ?

The reason we called Jon is because we knew he knew about the economy
..."


- facing a massive prison sentence for fraud and perjury would be an allegorical nightmare for a president facing re-election.

So the innocent are ruined, while the guilty ride in limousines. For now. A defeated governor whose power as a fundraiser has been greatly diminished is of little value to anyone, and Obama might yet throw him under the bus two weeks before the election in a desperation ploy. If not, no doubt a Republican president will sic his AG on Corzine ASAP - what better way to momentarily satiate the class warriors, while making them out to be hypocrites if they doth protest too much?

But in the meanwhile, Corzine walks free, thanks to Obama's sickening sense of self-preservation above all. But Dirty Jon as been exposed as what we always knew he was: A liar, and a criminal. Sing it, Henry!




I'm perfect
in every way
cause I make you feel so strong and so powerful inside
you feel so lucky
but your ego obscures reality
and you never bother to wonder why
things are going so well
you wanna know why?
cause I'm a liar
yeah I'm a liar
I'll tear your mind out
I'll burn your soul
I'll turn you into me
I'll turn you into me
cause I'm a liar, a liar
a liar, a liar


....I'll come to you like an affliction
and I'll leave you like an addiction
you'll never forget me
you wanna know why?
cause I'm a liar
yeah I'm a liar
I'll rip your mind out
I'll burn your soul
I'll turn you into me
I'll turn you into me
cause I'm a liar, a liar
liar, liar, liar, liar


I don't know why I feel the need to lie
and cause you so much pain
maybe it's something inside
maybe it's something I can't explain
cause all I do
is mess you up and lie to you
I'm a liar
oh, I am a liar...

2 comments:

Jim - PRS said...

Corzine need not worry. Holder doesn't have time to investigate and prosecute multiple and significant violations of federal law, because he is too busy widening the racial divide by "investigating" a shooting in a Florida parking lot.

The JerseyNut said...

I don't know how long Barack can duck this one. The media is covering for him like crazy - can you imagine if this scandal was attached to a Republican president? - but if the Republicans have half a brain (big if), they'll make this an issue on the campaign trail, showing Obama's crooked cronyism, hypocrisy, and protection of the 1% who protects him.

Of course, as I say, the discovery process of a criminal trial may go right to "the top", which gives Barack all the more reason to order Holder to turn a blind eye, as you suggest. But it looks like he loses this game no matter how he plays it...