Thursday, December 22, 2011

Hanukkah Hottie #3: Jenny Lewis

No, not in the sense that our first two candles of Hanukkah 2012 were hot.  Jenny is hot because she became what (2011"Hottie") Winona Ryder always wanted to be - an actress who moved into the rock star life.  But Jenny did one better - she went alt-rock, not vain pop-star, and she is alt-rock hot, with tons of talent to match.  And did I mention that she is Jewish?

Just turned it up a notch higher, didn't I ?

Nice resume:

Lewis made her professional debut in a Jell-O commercial. She was featured in the short-lived 1986 Lucille Ball sitcom Life With Lucy, where she was cast as one of Lucy's grandchildren. She also had small roles on TV shows, such as The New Twilight Zone, Baywatch, Golden Girls, Growing Pains, Just the Ten of Us, Roseanne, Mr. Belvedere, and Brooklyn Bridge.

Lewis appeared in over a dozen teen-themed movies, such as Troop Beverly Hills...She was featured in the 1996 made-for-TV movie Talk to Me with Yasmine Bleeth, as well as the films Foxfire, Big Girls Don't Cry... They Get Even, and Pleasantville...


 And then she goes and forms Rilo Riley. And did I mention...

Ms. Lewis...is Jewish by birth ("although everyone assumes I'm a little shiksa," she says)

For me, Rabbitfur Coat, a solo effort of sorts with the Watson Twins, is Jenny at her best. And most haunting.



....Where my ma is now, I don't know
She was living in her car, I was living on the road
And I hear she's putting that stuff up her nose
And still wearing that rabbit fur coat

But mostly I'm a hypocrite
I sing songs about the deficit....



 But we're not here to sing songs. We're here to ogle hot Jewish girls. By the light of the third candle:













No comments: