Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Investment Advice for 2011-2012

So, while having dinner with a group of friends (yes, the same aforementioned meal from which I received insights on the immigration debacle), I was listening to one pontificate on the best place to invest money during the current economic upheaval.

"Gold", he said, and only gold.  "Don't get scared off by the $1800/ounce price", he advised, as it will cross the $2K rubicon soon enough, and continue northwards from there.

"But what if you can't afford ingots of $2,000 gold",  I asked the player, "or have your investments in securities that are penalized if they are liquidated into cash too rapidly?  What's my next best option?"

My friend held my gaze coolly for a moment for a moment, but replied without hesitation, and without a smile.

"Ammunition.  And lots of it.  Preferably matched up with a large caliber handgun...."

I've been thinking about it. And I'm starting to realize this might have been the best finanacial advice I have ever received....

4 comments:

Gold Silver Tips said...

Very good post, i was really searching for this topic as i wanted this topic to understand completely and it is also very rare in internet that is why it was very difficult to understand

Thank you for sharing this,
Regard
Gold Silver Tips

MCX Tips said...

MCX Gold June agreement decreased by 0.8 % on account of a more powerful Rupee and moved an intra-day low of Rs. 28,870/10 gms on Monday.
Sureshot Intraday Stock Tips

Davis said...

Good Information. Thank you for sharing and I want to share information about Gerstein Fisher which is an independent investment advisory firm that manages assets on behalf of individuals and families and helps clients with their financial goals.

Cash Flow said...

Nice Blog. Thank you for sharing and I want to share information about the Cash Flow Navigator. Cash Flow Navigator is a Financial Planning Advisor. It provides free information and resources for their members to plan and achieve Financial Independence.