Tuesday, February 14, 2006

"I am al-Qaida. I am your sworn enemy."

As spoken by Zacarias Moussaoui, the "alleged" 20th hijacker of 9/11 :

A federal judge ruled Tuesday that confessed al-Qaida conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui will not be in the courtroom for jury selection at his upcoming death-penalty trial, after Moussaoui again defied the judge at a pretrial hearing...
He launched into yet another effort to disavow his court-appointed lawyers and in the process offered diatribes against President Bush and the French people.
At various points in a rambling speech, he called Bush "a crusader" who was "launching a new campaign of revenge against terrorists."
Despite his French citizenship, he said in heavily French-accented English: "I'm not French .... I stand here as a Muslim only. I do not stand here with a nation of homosexual crusaders."
As Brinkema repeatedly tried to quiet him, Moussaoui complained that for four years she had denied him an opportunity to explain his objections to the defense lawyers. "Today is my day," he plunged on. "If I can't make sure that those people are not going to represent me I know that I am dead."


He then referred to his three attorneys as a "federal lawyer," a "KKK" (Ku Klux Klan) and a "geisha."
Brinkema sternly broke in: "I'm not going to permit you to use a federal courtroom to malign your lawyers."
Without raising his voice, Moussaoui responded, "You own everything — the defense, the judge, the attack (prosecutors). I am al-Qaida. I am your sworn enemy."
To which Brinkema responded: "Mr. Moussaoui, you are the biggest enemy of yourself."
She asked again if he would remain quiet or leave. "I'm going to leave," he responded. He gathered his papers, leaving his text behind. "This is for you."
"God curse you and America," Moussaoui said as he left the courtroom...


Where is Al Gore to champion Moussaoui's status as a victim of a midnight roundup, a man held in horrible conditions under the flimsiest of charges? At least Moussaoui knows who his enemies are; that's more than can be said for the liberals of the Democratic Party...

Link here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060214/ap_on_re_us/moussaoui

No comments: