We discussed yesterday the grave damage that Ehud Olmert has done to Israel's security, as well as that of the Western world...more, from Daimnation! :
According to Israel Insider:
1. The IDF had a plan to destroy Hezbollah in two weeks.
2. Olmert ruined it by vetoing the second half
3. The US gave Israel the green light to attack Syria which has a defence pact with Iran.
4. If Iran deserted Syria it would look weak. If missiles are launched the rest become vulnerable.
5. The loss: 500 Israeli civilian casualties.
6. The gain: end of the Iranian nuclear threat.
7. The actual result: IDF, stalemated, looks weak.
7a should be: Iran, by default, grows stronger.
Great job, Ehud...and speaking of Iran, let's go back to Daimination, who brings us a new night terror from Bernard Lewis:
In Islam.... there are certain beliefs concerning the cosmic struggle at the end of time... ending in the final victory of the forces of good over evil.... Ahmadinejad and his followers clearly believe that this time is now.... It may even have a date, indicated by several references by the Iranian president to giving his final answer to the U.S. about nuclear development by Aug. 22.
This year, Aug. 22 is the anniversary of Mohammed's night ride to heaven.